On August 30th, the new season of Battlefield 2042 will go live. We have the full list of Battlefield 2042 Update #2.0 patch notes right here for you.
Season 2 will feature many new additions, including the new Stranded map, a new battle pass, weapons, vehicles, gadgets, and more. In addition, some quality of life changes and improvements will also be included.
The Battlefield 2042 Update #2.0 goes live on August 30th at 08:00 UTC. Progression for new content will be available the same day, starting at 12:00 UTC.
The full list of patch notes is available on the Battlefield website and listed below.
Battlefield 2042Update #2.0 Full Patch Notes
We have loved every second of playing Season 1 alongside you all. We’re now ready to journey into Season 2 together, and we’re looking forward to seeing you explore our new map, get to know our new Specialist and of course play around with the all-new hardware.
What’s new in Season 2?
Here is an overview of the new content in Season 2, alongside highlights for changes and improvements:
- New Map: Stranded
- New Specialist: Charlie Crawford
- New Vehicle: EBLC-Ram
- New Weapons: AM40, Avancys, PF51
- New Gadget: Concussion Grenade
- New Vault Weapons: M16A3 & M60E4
- New Battlefield Portal Weapons: M2 Carbine, Bren LMG, M95, M249 SAW, AEK-971
- New Feature: Assignments
- New Battle Pass
What other changes and improvements are included in Update 2.0.0?
- A new Home Screen offers a single overview of all available game modes
- Rush returns as a permanently available game mode
- Stealth Helicopters receive further balance adjustments
- Assault Rifles & Submachine Guns receive balance adjustments to Headshot Multipliers
- In Breakthrough and Rush, automatically switch to play one round as both Attacker and Defender after EoR before rotating to the next map
- Custom Conquest has been added to the Battlefield Portal Builder as a new Conquest game mode with added customizable options for capture points and extra logic options for the Rules Editor.
When can I play?
Season 1 officially ends on August 30 at 08:00 UTC, at which time Update #2.0.0 goes live. Progression on Season 2 content becomes available on the same day at 12:00 UTC.
Once Season 2 is available for play you can jump straight into Stranded, our new map which is available through 24/7 Playlists for both Conquest and Breakthrough. You can also start your journey towards unlocking the new Battle Pass rewards such as our new Specialist Crawford, or the new weapons, vehicle and gadget.
What can you expect from the next game update?
The next game update is currently being assessed for release towards the end of September / start of October. Alongside further fixes and changes, it will include the reworked version of Renewal, the Polaris RZR in-world vehicle, and new Vault Weapons in All-Out Warfare.
To stay informed on the roll out of Update 2.0, you can follow us on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account. You can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues and game changes that we’re able to make in real time on our Battlefield forums.
New Map: Stranded
We’ve built Stranded from the ground up to be a smaller level with a dedicated CQC space. It’s split into three spaces; North and South spaces are more open, while the central space is where you can expect the CQC chaos to take place.
On the South side, there is a tall tower which lets you move across the level while avoiding combat. There is also a path below the ship which connects the North and South spaces, this lets you traverse across without having to go inside the ship.
We made the decision not to put any flags on top of the ship as we want the main focus for Stranded to be on CQC and infantry play, which take place inside the ship. This infantry focus also means that Stranded will feature no vehicles while playing Breakthrough. Of course, Conquest will still have our full array of vehicles available for play.
The team is extremely excited to get Stranded into your hands. Especially the interior of the ship has given us that close quarters meat grinder feeling during Playtests that we’ve seen you enjoy in for example Metro, and Locker. We’re keen to hear your feedback about how it plays!
New Battle Pass
The Season 2 Battle Pass brings 100 new tiers of Hardware, Cosmetics and Player Card items to earn. All-new gameplay content such as the new Specialist, Weapons and Vehicles are all available as part of the Free Tiers, while The Premium Tiers give access to further cosmetic rewards.
New Specialist: Charlie Crawford
Deploy as new Specialist Charlie Crawford and use his Mounted Vulcan to support your team and lay down solid defense.
Specialty – Mounted Vulcan – The Mounted Vulcan is a stationary minigun that lays down immense firepower and is particularly effective against infantry and light vehicles.
New Vehicle: EBLC-RAM
A fast and highly maneuverable armored reconnaissance and attack vehicle designed for hit-and-run strikes on the enemy. It also comes with the ability to place a Spawn Beacon on the Battlefield on which any member of the friendly team can deploy. It is also equipped with an Active Protection System to intercept incoming anti-vehicle weaponry. This makes the EBLC-RAM perfectly suited to lead flanking attacks on the enemy. But be careful when venturing behind enemy lines, an enemy Tank lurking around the corner is one of your direct counters.
New Weapons: AM40, Avancys, PF51
A new Assault Rifle, LMG and Secondary Weapon become available for play.
Intended for close quarters combat, this ambidextrous weapon delivers an Assault Rifle in an SMG-like package. It’s a versatile and controllable weapon that shines with strong performance in short range combat, while having an increased damage falloff versus other Assault Rifles.
Heavy usage of polymers and 3D Printing allow the Avancys to be 20% lighter than the competing Machine Guns while providing unprecedented firepower and adaptability. It’s a versatile weapon skilled at sustained fire.
Equipped with a P90 magazine, this originally semi-automatic weapon has the ability to fire in full-auto to maximize its personal defense capabilities while sacrificing ammo efficiency. It’s lightweight and perfect for combat over minimal distances.
New Gadget: Concussion Grenade
New Feature: Assignments
Assignments are missions that allow you to unlock new hardware such as weapons, or the gameplay content from a previous Season. You can browse the Assignment for all unlockables via the Collection screen to see which criteria you need to complete. They are permanently available, so you can work towards unlocking them at your own pace.
New Vault Weapons: M16A3, M60E4
Two Battlefield Portal iconic weapons from the Battlefield 3 era are now available in the All-Out Warfare arsenal. You’ll unlock these Vault Weapons at your own pace via the new Assignment system.
New Battlefield Portal Hardware
New iconic weapons from our Classic Eras are available to unlock in Battlefield Portal. These weapons are also unlocked via the new Assignments feature and will be accessible when playing across Battlefield Portal.
M2 Carbine – 1942
Building on the success of the M1, the M2 variant allows select fire. Fully-automatic and semi-automatic modes are now fed by a 30 round magazine.
Bren LMG – 1942
This full-auto British assault rifle runs the same cartridge as the BAR 1918 and features a top mounted magazine.
M95 – – Bad Company 2
This .50 caliber, bolt-action, magazine fed, anti-material sniper rifle is a beast. Its long range and power make it a must for enhanced stand-off effectiveness.
M249 SAW – Bad Company 2 / Battlefield 3
The Squad Automatic Weapon is a belt-fed suppressive fire, light machine gun. It chambers the NATO 5.56 round with a 200 round capacity.
These new weapons also come with new Scopes to give you even more customization options to fit your gameplay style.
Lastly, the M18 Smoke Grenade is back in Battlefield Portal and can be selected as a Throwable in your Loadout for all Classic eras.
Improved Home Menu
You told us that only having three game modes available via the Home Menu at one time felt limited. We heard you, and made changes so you now have a single overview of all available game modes.
Browse through Conquest, Breakthrough, Portal and Hazard Zone via a single menu to see which Playlists are available. But there’s more. We’re excited to bring back Rush as a permanent available game mode. You asked for it, and it’s here to stay.
- You told us that you want to experience Breakthrough and Rush as both an Attacker and Defender while playing. We have made a change where after EoR you now automatically switch teams and play the same map on the opposing side before switching maps
- Improved text readability in the Breakthrough gamemode widget, and added text icons to help explain objectives, such as “Capture”
- Fixed a bug when preview a rank locked weapon, Locked by Battlepass is displayed
- New Player Card Backgrounds are available for Crawford, AM-40,Avancys, PF51, EBLC-Ram and Stranded
- New Player Card Tags are now available to earn unlock and earn
- New Assignments are available to unlock 2 Battlefield Portal Weapons in All-Out Warfare, to gain access to Season 1 content in case you missed it, and new weapons for use in Battlefield Portal
- Enemy Disrupted event XP has been reduced from 20 -> 5
- In a future update we’re looking to split categories for disrupts between soldiers and vehicles, which allows us to further tweak the XP
- All 1942 weapons now have optic attachment options
- All Portal soldiers now have access to Smoke Grenades via Loadout -> Throwable
- Custom Conquest has been added to the Battlefield Portal Builder as a new Conquest game mode with added customizable options for capture points and extra logic options for Battlefield Portal’s Rules Editor
- Multiple improvements have been made across Classic Era maps, such as removing and moving props, and resolving collision and terrain issues
- Players were sometimes unable to spawn on spawn beacons. It’s fixed now
- Voice lines have been updated for 1942 British army non-squad soldiers, German army non-squad soldiers and US army non-squad soldiers
- Visuals of weapon scopes within Portal have been improved by removing lens dirt on several scopes, and added edge tint to most lenses
- Added EnableCapturePointDeploying block to Rules Editor
- Added GetPlayersAtPoint block to Rules Editor
- Added Lis, Mackay, and Paik to the Player Soldiers block in Rules Editor
- Added Season 1 vehicles to Vehicle block in Rules Editor
- Fixed an issue where the Motion Sensor changed teams, but not Icon, when thrown back by an enemy
- Fixed issues with Ammo Bags on top of vehicle wrecks not despawning after a wreck disappears
- Incendiary fire can now damage both your own and enemy deployables
- Smoke Grenades can now put out incendiary grenades
CG Recoilless M5
- Fixed clipping issues when reloading with the CG Recoilless M5
- Fixed issues with CG Recoilless M5 status screen flickering
Smoke Grenade Launcher
- Fixed a bug where the Smoke Grenade Launcher did not drop on death in Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue where interaction with the Metal doors around the Oil Rig would sometimes not trigger and were slow overall
- Fixed an issue were players could trigger clipping through skyscraper on the Hourglass rooftops
- Fixed an issue with an invisible wall near a ledge close to the B1 sector on Breakaway.
- Fixed an issue where you encounter difficulties when traversing the last step of the stairs while prone on Exposure
- Fixed an issue on Exposure where you would be deployed onto a different objective than what was selected
- Fixed broken smoke VFX on Orbital
- Fixed and issue where the thunder VFX on Manifest was too intense
Soldier “incidental” animations are now visible during gameplay. This for example means you’ll notice soldiers slip when running on snow or mud, sprint with high knees going through water, or they will put their hand up against the wall if they walk into it. We heard you when you asked for these animations to be developed for 2042, and we hope they’ll add to your immersion during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue that could make the hints for deploying parachute or Wingsuit remain stuck on screen
- Fixed an issue with the animation being broken during tactical sprint with the Commando Knife
- Soldier animations have been improved for upper body rotations
- Camera positions have been improved for some soldier positions which should result in less camera jitter
- Hitboxes have been improved for soldiers in prone position
- Resolved instances where soldier models weren’t aligned during a Takedown inside moving elevators
- Resolved several occurrences where soldiers could remain frozen after death
- Fixed an issue where soldier hands would not stay planted on the ground while crawling
- Fixed several animation issues related to transition between stances
- The stance transitions between stand and crouch are now faster and have a more responsive camera curve
- Resolved an issue where third person sprint animation transition sometimes wouldn’t look smooth
- Fixed a rare issue where repeatedly tapping sprint to open a door could cause animations to stop working
- AI Soldier vehicles will now be able to use lock on weapons when they are equipped
- AI Soldier vehicles will now switch between different weapons depending on the available weapons available target type
- AI Soldiers are now better at navigating their way around all maps
- General improvements are made to AI Soldiers driving land vehicles. You should notice less instances of them getting stuck against objects, or getting stuck in traffic jams
- General improvements are made to collision avoidance for AI Soldiers piloting air vehicles
- Players can now assign squad objective orders to their AI squad mates
- Players can now ping AI squad mates in vehicle to request pickup
- Players can now request a pickup from AI Soldiers
- Players can now request Ammo from AI Soldiers
- Players can now request Health from AI Soldiers
- Angel’s Ammo Pouch is now easier to throw towards friendlies that needs ammo
- Angel’s Supply Crate should no longer intersect with other deployed objects
- C5, AT Mines and the Spawn Beacon that were already spawned by a player will now be despawned if the player changes their Loadout through Angel’s Loadout Crate
- Fixed issues with weathering effects not being consistent on Angel’s Loadout Crate
- Fixed a bug where takedown prompts could be shown while controlling the OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed a bug where the OV-P Recon Drone wouldn’t crash and explode when its owner died
- Tweaked collision of the OV-P Recon Drone to not see through some walls
- Fixed an issue where bullets ricochet via the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield did not damage the enemy players
- Fixed an issue where shield bashing a fence wasn’t consistently breaking it
- Fixed an issue with Dozers’ SOB-8 Ballistic Shield not blocking bullets
- Increased visibility through Dozer’s SOB-8 Ballistic Shield when in 1P view. We also added missing rain effects on the shield’s glass
- Fixed an issue with 60mm Mortar Pod not being destroyed by APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel
- Fixed an issue with Air-to-Ground missiles were not being destroyed by the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel
- Fixed and issue with the G-84 TGM Missile not dealing damage to soldiers behind Deployable Covers or vehicles
- Improved the explosion response time when Lis’s G-84 TGM goes into water or runs out of fuel
- Fixed issues with glitchy transition from Grappling to Vaulting
- If Paik damages a soldier in an open vehicle seat, her Threat Perception will also spot the vehicle itself
- Hacking through see-through materials such glass, grid fences, vegetation has been smoothened
- Fixed a bug where Deploy Wingsuit prompts remained stuck on the screen
- Tweaked the Wingsuit entry and exit camera timings
- Fixed an issue that could result in silent vehicle engines
- Fixed an issue that was stopping Aircraft from being spotted while in the spotter seat of a ground vehicle
- Fixed an issue that would allow Aircraft Control Sensitivity to surpass the maximum allowed value
- Fixed an issue where game mode icons were overlapping with the compass in vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the Spotter seat within the MAV had a different graphical overlay to other vehicles
- Holding fire no longer stops replenishing single fire Vehicle weapons
- Improved free look camera so it no longer clips vehicles while driving at high speed
- Removed conflicting visual effects for vehicle weapon stations, spotters and drones
- The MAV now has a working handbrake
- Visuals for Tank cook-offs have been added
- Fixed an issue where you could sometimes see through the EBAA Wildcat while in 3rd person view
- Tank Shell penetration damage has been increased against the EBAA Wildcat. It now takes 3 hits to be destroyed
- Updated the range on the EBAA Wildcat ATG missiles from 400 -> 200. We’re making this change to ensure the main focus of the Wildcat remains on Anti Air
RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal
- The 30mm cannon blast damage has been reduced from 24 ->16
- This change helps further reduce the pressure on infantry
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Repair System to heal the Stealth Helicopters too much
- This change brings their repair mechanic in line with other vehicles as it was unintentionally too strong
- Armor of the Stealth Helicopters has been reduced to ensure it remains in line with their overall agility
- This makes them less survivable overall by for example only needing one hit with Lis’s G-84 TGM missile to destroy them
- Fixed an issue where the MD540 Nightbird minigun wind up sound kept playing when switching to missiles while holding the fire input
- Fixed an issue with the MD540 Nightbird where the drivers right hand was not holding the flightstick correctly
MV38-Condor and Mi-240 Super Hind
- A new damage zone has been added to the cockpit of the Condor and Hind. This new zone is the most vulnerable part of these vehicles and exactly where you want to aim if you want to take them out
- Fixed an issue which would cause players to be placed back inside the MV-38 Condor upon exiting the vehicle
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent the FXM-33 AA Missile from locking onto a MV-38 Condor
- Headshot Multiplier on Assault Rifles has been increased from 2x -> 2.15x
- This change reflects that we want Assault Rifles to feel rewarding for increased accuracy
- Headshot Multiplier on Submachine Guns has been decreased from 2 -> 1.25x
- We feel this change reflects the role of SMG’s; they are not weapons that should reward accuracy versus other weapon types
- A weapons reload animation is now present when continuously triggering the bipod while firing the weapon
- Aim Down Sight scaling has been added for scopes with up to 4x zoom
- Fixed an issue where the lines on the SDB 10x reticle were too thin while having the Rough Ruby skin equipped
- Fixed an issue where the Low ammo indicator would sometimes appear at the wrong time
- Fixed an issue where the Plus Menu could sometimes appear empty after exiting a vehicle seat
- Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause the wrong crosshair to be displayed when using various Shotgun underbarrels
- Fixed the weapon fire mode HUD indicator showing up for gadgets if the primary weapon has an underbarrel weapon attachment equipped
- Overall responsiveness of the crosshair has been improved, and resolved scenarios where dispersion would be incorrectly represented when zooming out
- The player no longer gets spotted while shooting with either Ghostmaker R10 or BSV-M
- The PSO scope no longer incorrectly has x10 zoom while equipping a certain skin
- The rate of fire of the Masterkey attachment is now unaffected by the AK-24’s magazine attachments
- The BSV-M recoil modifier during Full-Auto mode has been increased from 0.9x -> 1.15x
- Full-Auto capabilities of the BSV-M should be viable when transitioning into a close quarters situation, but should not outperform its Semi-Auto capabilities
- BSV-M’s High Power and Close Combat ammo now have tracers
- Increased the Extended and Drum magazines capacity on G57 by 5 bullets
- We’re increasing the impact of unlocking Extended and Drum attachments by further increasing the gap between the amount of bullets they unlock
- Fixed an issue where the color of the Ghostmaker R10 crosshair would not update when changed
- Fixed an issue where audio would cut short when using the M44 while prone
- The M44 Revolver 2-shot range has been increased to 100m
- A minor improvement has been made to the PKP-BP’s recoil behavior
- The VCAR Drum Magazine’s description now matches the fire mode of the weapon
This announcement may change as we listen to community feedback and continue developing and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible.