The Cyberpunk 2077 Next-Gen is finally available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. After the game’s original release in December of 2020, Patch 1.5 is finally here. It brings the next-generation update to “take advantage of the additional power of the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 hardware.”
CD Projekt Red released a thirty-minute overview video that highlights the Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen update changes.
It has been a long time coming for Cyberpunk 2077. Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier highlighted last year the tumultuous development cycle. He even made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how the game should have been released today instead of 2020.
An infographic detailing the console-specific updates for Patch 1.5 was also released. It has been broken down by both next-gen consoles, previous-gen consoles, and PC and Stadia.
It’s cool seeing the PC version getting some love, but for the most part, Patch 1.5 is about next-gen consoles.
Below are the highlights for all the changes and patch notes for the Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen updates for Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.5
- Added ray-traced local light shadows.
- Implemented native achievement support on next-gen consoles. Note that as the next-gen version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies obtained in backward compatibility will not be transferred. Xbox achievements will automatically appear on the new version using the Smart Delivery feature.
- Introduced two graphics modes on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X:
Performance ModeRay Tracing Mode
- The Xbox Series S version has no graphics mode selection and is by default presented at 30 FPS in 1440p with dynamic resolution scaling.
- Added performance improvements which significantly decrease the number of FPS drops and improve rendering quality.
- Balanced HDR to achieve parity across all platforms.
- Various visual quality improvements.
- Added Activity Cards for PS5.
- Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented support for spatial audio on PlayStation 5 for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers via PS5 ‘s Tempest 3D AudioTech solution.
Implemented the use of adaptive triggers on PS5 controllers.
The complete list of patch notes highlights is available from the Cyberpunk 2077 website.