A year after launching on PlayStation and PC, Deathloop is finally coming to Xbox.
Bethesda announced today that the game will come to the Xbox Series X|S on September 20th, 2022. It will also be added to the Xbox Game Pass library, making it a free download for those that subscribe to the service.
In addition to launching on the Xbox Series X|S, a free update will be made available for existing owners on PlayStation and PC. Titled GOLDENLOOP, the free update brings a host of features to the game and will be available for all platformers on September 20th.
Crossplay PVP will be enabled, allowing cross-platform matching for all game versions. The press release indicates that regardless of if you purchased the game through PSN, Xbox, Steam, the Epic Game Store, or the Microsoft store, you can play each other in the game’s PVP environments.
In addition, a new ability is coming to Deathloop. The all-new Fugue ability is a projectile that will slow and confuse your target. It also includes four discoverable upgrades:
- Coda: Extended duration
- Earworm: Cast a Fugue “mine” on a surface
- Discord: Target becomes hostile toward its allies
- Syncopation: On target’s death, Fugue affects nearby enemies
The HALPS Prototype is a new energy-based rifle that will come to Deathloop. It fires a continuous laser beam that can rip through your enemies.
In addition, a new enemy is being introduced in the GOLDENLOOP update. The Paint-Bomber straps themselves with a bandolier of paint-filled explosives, leaving behind a colorful mess of devastation.
Julianna’s Masquerade ability is seeing some love as well with four new possible upgrades:
- Ensemble: Target up to three NPCs with Masquerade
- Mend: Regenerate health while using Masquerade on an NPC
- Expose: When an NPC affected by Masquerade dies or spots Colt, Colt is automatically tagged
- Incognito: Damage taken while using Masquerade is converted to Energy
The GOLDENLOOP update, including the Deathloop debut on Xbox Series X|S, is available on September 20th.