If you’ve tried to login on your Xbox Series X or any Xbox console really, you might’ve come across the 0x8007013d error. This is a bizarre error and frankly, there’s little information on why this is encountered or why it happens. Recent developments seem to indicate that it’s just a cache issue, but this hasn’t been verified yet. Anyways, there are a couple of ways to fix it.
Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8007013d
The first method of fixing this includes a normal restart of the console. If you cannot access the menu because of the error, simply hold down the power button to power off the console, wait for a few seconds, then power it on.
This error is sometimes a fluke and it can happen once or twice a month, depending on how much you use the console. Just restart it and it should be fine. HOWEVER, if this didn’t fix the error code 0x8007013d, try this:
- Hold the power off button on your console for 5-10 seconds OR until the console turns off.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug-in the power cord and power on the console.
According to threads on the official Xbox forum, this is the most effective fix as of yet. While it is the most effective fix, in some cases, it won’t fix the issue.
If the error is still persistent on your console, then some of the Xbox Support team has given a simple fix:
- Power off the console and unplug the power cord.
- Wait for 1 minute and then plug-in the power.
- Press and hold the EJECT and BIND button at the same time. Then, press the Xbox button.
- Keep holding eject and bind after clicking the Xbox button.
- There will be two power-up sounds that will be played, after the second one plays, you can release the buttons.
After the menu opens, you can try to reset the console while keeping your games and files. Choose that option and follow the instructions to complete the reset.