Ping can either be your best friend or your worst enemy, it just depends on what number it’s at. High ping that reaches up to 500 is not good for you, as it will cause you to lag during the game. Low ping, however, is heavenly, as it means you have no lag and are able to hit enemies with no problem. If you have high ping, don’t worry. We’ll help you sort that out with a couple of tips and recommendations.
Valorant – Reduce High Ping
If you’re connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, resetting the modem or router usually works.
- Unplug the modem and router if you have both.
- Wait a maximum number of 2 minutes. 60 seconds if you’re impatient.
- Plug both back in and wait till the lights are in their normal state.
- Play Valorant and see if there’s any improvement.
If you’re still experiencing issues with high ping, then let’s move on to the next solution.
Use Ethernet Connection
Wireless connections aren’t usually an ideal connection for multiplayer games like Valorant, so it’s always recommended to connect your laptop or PC directly to the internet through an Ethernet connection.
Doing so removes any interference that a wireless connection would have. If you’re experiencing issues still, then we still got some more solutions to help you with.
Close Bandwidth Hogging Programs
Some programs on your PC or laptop may be downloading something without you knowing, thus leading you to losing another match in Valorant because you’re lagging too much from high ping.
To deal with that pesky issue, here’s a step-by-step process on how to find programs that are hogging your internet.
- Open Task Manager.
- Click More Details.
- Click on Processes Tab.
- Check under the Network column and see if there are any tasks that are using the internet.
- If you find them, click on End Task to close the program.
- Once the programs are closed, launch Valorant again and see if there’s a change.
Still lagging? Then let’s move on.
Install All Windows Updates
Updating to the latest Windows version sometimes fixes internet issues on your PC or laptop. Here are the steps.
- Type Update on the search bar.
- Click on Windows Update settings.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Grab a snack and wait for everything to finish updating.
- Some updates require a restart, so it’s recommended to restart your PC or laptop for the updates to take full effect.
Once the PC or laptop comes on, try playing Valorant again and see if there’s any changes. If not, then we have one more thing to try.
Upgrade Your Internet
If you’re still unable to get a low ping for Valorant, then it’s high time to upgrade your internet plan. It may be expensive, but it’s a surefire way to get the fast internet for Valorant.
At the moment, this issue is usually user-related. But in some cases it might be Valorant servers. There are a lot of places to check out the current status of Valorant like the official Riot status site, 1tapvalorant, and the official Twitter profile for Valorant.