Vampire Survivors, the breakout game of 2022, has its first DLC announced: Legacy of the Moonspell. No release date or price tag is available, but details on what to expect were revealed.
Eight new characters are being added to the Vampire Survivors roster with Legacy of the Moonspell. Four have already been revealed: Miang Moonspell, Menya Moonspell, Syuto Moonspell, and Babi-Onna. The other four remain a mystery. 13 new weapons will also be joining your arsenal, featuring the Silver Wind, Four Seasons, Summon Night, and Mirage Robe.
The biggest addition is the new stage, Mt. Moonspell. Advertised as the biggest stage yet in Vampire Survivors, Mt. Moonspell is a large, sprawling map that features different environments filled with unique challenges and enemy types. Players can expect to traverse an abandoned castle, snow covered mountain, and a yokai infested village.
The full press release for the first Vampire Survivors DLC is available below.
Vampire Survivors is available now for PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and mobile devices. It is also available on Xbox Game Pass.
Legacy of the Moon Spell: The First DLC for Vampire Survivors
Legacy of the Moonspell is the first DLC for Vampire Survivors, and introduces a brand new stage, new characters, new monsters, and new weapons to slaughter them with. There might even be some hidden mysteries for those of an inquiring mindset, but we can neither confirm nor deny the presence of vampires…
The Fall of Moonveil
In eastern lands, a clan has fallen. The Moonspell, once vigilant guardians of a sorcerous valley nestled in the mountains, have been overrun by hordes of yokai and oni. Though treacherous, this hive of spectral activity may provide some clue as to the location of a vampire. If not, at least it’ll be entertaining to defeat thousands of wayward spirits in the process.
Eight New Heroes
- Miang Moonspell – The last disciple of the Moonspell Clan before its downfall, and possibly its finest. Self-consciously a shounen protagonist.
- Menya Moonspell – One of the few surviving Moonspell elders, Menya’s mystical powers are near god-like.
- Syuuto Moonspell – Banished practitioner of the new moon dark magic, Syuuto is nonetheless an enemy of evil. Poor personal hygiene may contribute to his continued exile.
- Babi-Onna – Returned from the dead to seek vengeance on demons and mortals alike, she nonetheless retains her impeccable ability to charm, amuse, and dazzle.
13 New Weapons
- Silver Wind – An ancestral force unleashed by the staff of the Moonspell Clan, only those born under the moon can fully wield its power (or whoever finds it in a chest, we’re not sure).
- Four Seasons – A set of orbs which unleash the power of the changing seasons, of death and rebirth.
- Summon Night – A weapon which drips with the darkness of the new moon. Despite the clan’s superstitions, even the shadows can oppose evil.
- Mirage Robe – An enchanted kimono, weaved on a loom from the silk of the earth spider, and imbued with a fragment of Babi-Onna’s vengeful spirit. Besides, it looks fabulous darling.
A Brand New Stage
Mt. Moonspell – Our biggest stage yet, a sprawling map featuring several different environments, all with their own challenges and resident monsters! This one stage includes an abandoned castle, snow covered mountain, and a yokai infested village, and more besides.
Six New Music Tracks
♫ Legacy of the Moonspell
♫ Festive Breeze
♫ Rumble Kachara
♫ Haze of Night
♫ Hell Night
♫ Crystal Allure