Minecraft is a game that has been around for a decade now. It was fully released back on November 18, 2011, with the promise of allowing players to explore, interact, and create various things within a dynamically generated map.
Today it’s still a very popular game and is among the most viewed games on Twitch. This is largely thanks to the game’s creative nature and the endless number of things that people still come up with.
This guide will focus on teaching you how to make an ice cream stand in Minecraft.
How to Make an Ice Cream Stand
It’s surprising how well people can make things in Minecraft. Heck, somebody even created an actual working computer within the game. Imagine playing Minecraft on a computer built in Minecraft on a computer that you built yourself. Minecraftception!
Unfortunately, we aren’t going to be building a computer today. We’re going to start with a simple ice cream stand.
- Dig out four blocks horizontally and then add daylight detectors to each block.
- Next, place dispensers on the ground facing the daylight detectors.
- Put an armor stand inside each dispenser and then put a block of Redstone behind each dispenser to activate it.
- At this point, you should have four straight armor stands on top of the daylight detectors. Remove all blocks of Redstone and dispensers.
- Add different colored helmets to the armor stand. Each helmet will look like a different flavor once you are done. I chose the leather cap (chocolate), iron helmet (vanilla), turtle shell (mint), and gold helmet (lemon). Still, you’re free to choose any other helmet you like.
- Next, we need to push blocks to hide the legs of the armor stand and only reveal the helmets (ice cream.) To do this, you’ll need four solid blocks of your choice, which will act as the base of your ice cream stand and 4 glass blocks.
- Place the four solid blocks on top of the armor stands or around three blocks from the ground. Next, put the glass on top of the solid blocks.
- Place two pistons facing downwards on top of each glass block. Once you’ve placed the pistons, you can then activate each piston using a block of Redstone. Make sure to activate the top piston first before activating the bottom one.
- The last step is to remove all of the pistons and Redstone.
If you did everything correctly, you should have a great base for your ice cream stand. The ice cream should be inside the glass. At this point, you should have something that looks like this.
All you have to do is to decorate it any way you choose. You can place some upside-down stairs all around the base to make it look more like an ice cream stand and give it some depth. You can also add two fence sticks or an End Rod to each side and create the frame for your roof.
You can also put some string all over your ice cream stand to connect the End Rods/ fences. The string will act as a half-block, and you can add some carpet on top to create the roof. You can create different patterns or themes for your ice cream stand using some carpet.
You can also place banners, frames and trap doors, and others to make your ice cream stand more realistic and add more detail.
That’s how you can create an ice cream stand in Minecraft. Let your imagination run wild and add other things and items to decorate and personalize your ice cream stand.