It’s been a week since Modern Warfare 2 launched on all platforms, and we already have our first batch of Modern Warfare 2 patch notes.
The newest entry in the Call of Duty franchise has been in the hands of gamers for quite a bit. We liked what we saw with the single-player campaign. We said it has a “good combination of different mission types and memorable moments makes replayability super high.” The multiplayer, however, has had an imperfect launch.
“Guns and gameplay are an improvement over past Call of Duty games,” our review states. “For the most part, the maps are well done. It’s also way easier to grind out camo rewards. Still, we can’t ignore some of the game’s issues at launch; it feels like an unfinished product.”
A week one patch for Modern Warfare 2 addresses some of those issues. Infinity Ward’s first update mainly tackles updates for bugs, glitches, and gameplay issues. The full list of patch notes is available on their website. We’ve also made them available below.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available now for PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. An update that will launch Warzone 2.0 and DMC mode will release on November 16th.
Modern Warfare 2 Patch Notes – Week One Update
- We’ve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied-up in game to crash when matchmaking. Last night’s update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.
- We have made general game improvements including:
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on drivers 526.61.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.
- We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last night’s update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.
- We have added Breenbergh Hotel into Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. We’ll continue to address small fixes through daily updates.
- We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.
In addition to changes that we have already made, we are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at present include:
- We are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper gunner and VTOL
- DDOS Field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting helicopter height, which allows them to leave the map in some instances