On November 28th, the newest World of Warcraft expansion, Dragonflight, goes live. Players can venture to the Dragon Isles starting at 6:00 PM EST.
If you’re looking to learn what to expect when Dragonflight goes live, we’ve covered everything you’ll need to know for the newest World of Warcraft adventure. We’ve spent the past week preparing you with how classes and specs are performing in various roles on the pre-patch for World of Warcraft.
Be sure to check out our guides to prepare you for World of Warcraft: Dragonflight:
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Patch Notes
The ancestral home of dragonkind—the Dragon Isles are awakening, and many long-forgotten secrets are waiting to be uncovered. Heed the dragons’ call as their ancient homelands are revealed once more, beckoning adventurers and treasure seekers to unravel the many mysteries waiting for them.
Head over to Stormwind or Orgrimmar to begin your journey into the Dragon Isles and experience the new content the expansion has to offer, including:
NEW LEVEL CAP: 70
Ascend to new heights of power as you explore the Dragon Isles, earning new talents every step of the way to level 70.
DISCOVER THE DRAGON ISLES
Discover the Dragon Isles and explore four new zones—the Waking Shores, roiling with elemental power; the vast expanse of the Ohn’ahran Plains; the frosty peaks of the Azure Span; and the majestic spires and temples of Thaldraszus—each themed around and revealing more about the ancient dragon aspects.
SOAR THROUGH THE AIR WITH DRAGONRIDING
Dragonriding is an all-new skill-based method of aerial movement that allows players to take to the skies on the back of their personal Dragon Isles Drake. Players will customize their drake as they progress through the expansion, collecting more appearance options and enabling them to fly farther and faster.
MEET THE MAJOR FACTIONS
Dragonflight ushers in a unique way to progress with Major Factions. Earn Reputation to unlock Renown ranks and access to rewards when you assist denizens of the Dragon Isles.
EIGHT NEW DUNGEONS
Four new level-up dungeons and four maximum-level dungeons await players who venture into the Dragon Isles. Whether you’re looking for loot, a new challenge, or to learn more about this ancient land, you’ll need to gather your courage— and your allies— for the trials ahead.
- Ruby Life Pools
- Brackenhide Hollow
- The Nokhud Offensive
- Halls of Infusion
- The Azure Vault
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- Algeth’ar Academy
VAULT OF THE INCARNATES RAID
Venture into the ancient prison of the Primal Incarnates before their malevolent power can be unleashed against the Dragon Aspects.
Raid release schedule:
- Week of December 12: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open with the weekly maintenance for each region
- Week of December 19: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 1 opens
- Week of January 2: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens
- Week of January 16: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 3 opens
AN EYE ON PROFESSIONS
Become a Dragon Isles artisan and fulfill crafting orders for your realm. Hunt down rare ingredients and create ever more wondrous items as you unlock specializations for your profession.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
- Shadowlands raids and World Bosses have returned to their previous difficulties and are no longer Fated. Fated Raid quests, rewards, achievements, and the mysterious 3 vendors in Oribos are no longer available.
- The following content will become available after the weekly maintenance starting on November 29:
- Mythic Dungeons
- Dragonbane Keep Strongbox from Siege on Dragonbane Keep (Epic quality)
- Grand Hunt Spoils (Uncommon, Rare, and Epic quality)
- The weekly quest “Community Feast”
- The “Aiding the Accord” weekly quests
- The “Show Your Mettle” weekly quest
- Weekly Valdrakken professions quests of any kind
- Weekly PvP quests rewarding honor
- Developers’ note: We want players to level at their own pace without feeling like they’re missing out on a week of rewards if they fail to reach level 70 within a few hours after the expansion launch.
ITEMS AND REWARDS
- Sylvanas Windrunner and The Jailer mount drop rates have significantly decreased (was 100%), and the amount of dropped mounts will decrease to 1 (was 2).
- The Shadowlands Great Vault has been sealed and no longer provides rewards for completing activities in the Shadowlands.
- A new questline has been added that helps new players learn about the pet battle system.
WOW COMPANION APP
- Players can view maps and world quests.
- Players can view Major Factions tracks and rewards.