It’s been a long time since we saw a Warcraft III: Reforged update, but the 1.33.0 patch has hit the PTR.
Ranked play, player profiles, and leaderboards headline what’s coming with the new patch for Warcraft III: Reforged. It will be on the test realm for approximately 2-3 weeks. Developers will then take testers’ feedback before setting a patch’s release date.
This is the first update for Warcraft III: Reforged since patch 1.32.10 launched in April of 2021.
We were so disappointed with Warcraft III: Reforged that we didn’t even include it in our list of Blizzard games ranked worst to best. Regarding the game, we said the following:
“Unfortunately, the quality of Blizzard games suffered greatly as a result. With the botched Warcraft III: Reforged and the upcoming Diablo Immortal being a far cry from the big hitters the company used to make back in the 2000s.”
Warcraft Iii: Reforged Update 1.33.0 – Patch Notes
- Players may now choose between Ranked and Unranked Play.
- Seasons are now available.
- When a Season ends, the ladder will reset, and players will be able to see their history via their Profile and the Leaderboards.
- Your matchmaking rating (MMR) is unique for race, including Random.
- To be placed, players must play 5 placement matches per race.
- After playing a Ranked Match, you’ll be taken to a post-game screen which will display your MMR change and rankings.
- The available Ranks are:
- Players can now view their rank in the Leaderboard section, which can be accessed from the Versus screen.
- In the Leaderboard, you can filter by user-names, and sort between race and mode.
- You can now access your profile by right-clicking on the player icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Access other players’ profiles by right-clicking on their name and selecting “View Profile”.
- Numerous tuning and balance adjustments have been made to multiple campaign maps.