If you’re having trouble increasing Link’s health and stamina in Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, look no further. If you’re starting the game from scratch, you’ve noticed that Link gets exhausted pretty fast because he has just one single Green Stamina Bar. But that’s not all; Link only has a few hearts at the beginning of the game. So, how do you increase your health and stamina in Tears of the Kingdom? The answer is to collect Lights of Blessings.
Here’s how to increase your health and stamina in Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom:
- Unlock different shrines and obtain 4 Lights of Blessings. Proceed to pray at a Goddess Statue.
- Complete specific mainline quests and defeat bosses to obtain Health Containers.
- Find a stable and sleep on the most expensive bed to obtain one temporary golden stamina vessel and three golden hearts for 50 Rupees.
- Go to the Horned Statue at Lookout Landing and spend 100 Rupees to exchange one stamina vessel for one health container or vice versa.
Ways to Increase Health and Stamina in Tears of the Kingdom
1. Collect 4 Lights of Blessings
The fastest method to increase Link’s health and stamina is to clear shrines in TOTK. Like in Breath of the Wild, each Shrine grants Link with a Light of Blessing, which can be traded at a Goddess Statue. You need to collect four Lights of Blessings to upgrade your stamina and health. Now, head to the nearest Goddess Statue to gain a Health or Stamina container.
You find the first Goddess Statue during the mission Crisis at Hyrule Castle. After you complete the quest, you can come to use the Lookout Landing and drop into the bunker in the middle of the town to find this statue.
2. Complete Mainline Quests and Defeat Bosses
Another method to boost your health and stamina in Tears of the Kingdom is by progressing through the main storyline. After completing specific quests, Link receives an additional heart container. The following quests award you Heart Containers in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Tulin of Rito Village: This mission starts after you complete Regional Phenomena. After you defeat Colgera, head back to Rito Village and unlock an additional heart container.
- Yunobo of Goron City: This mission starts automatically during Regional Phenomena. After you defeat the Marbled Gohma, you get a heart container.
3. Sleep on the Most Expensive Bed at a Stable
If you want to boost your health and Stamina in TOTK quickly, but don’t want to go through the rounds of clearing shrines and killing mainline story bosses, then you’ll have to go the route of cashing out with a decent amount of Rupees.
Head to any of the stables in Hyrule and talk to the shopkeeper. Ask for lodging and pick the most expensive bed at 50 Rupees. Once Link is well-rested, you’ll get an extra Golden Stamina bar and 3 Golden Hearts.
One thing to note is that Golden Stamina Bars and Hearts are temporary. Once you start taking damage or deplete a golden stamina bar, they’ll go away. So if you want these buffed stats back, you’ll have to repeat the process of resting at a stable on the most expensive bed.
4. Trade Health and Stamina at the Horned Statue
Head to Lookout Landing and interact with the Horned Statue. Then, pay 100 rupees to buy one essence. You can now either trade a health container to increase your stamina vessel or vice versa to increase your health containers.
That’s pretty much all you need to know to increase Link’s health and Stamina in Tears of the Kingdom. You can buff your stamina or health by collecting 4 Light of Blessings and praying at a Goddess Statue, resting at a stable on the most expensive bed, or trading either health or stamina at the Horned Statue on Lookout Landing.