New additions for Xbox Game Pass have been announced today by Microsoft. A select group of titles is available starting today. Additional games will become available throughout the first half of the month.
The headliner is undoubtedly Mass Effect Legendary Edition, making its way via the Xbox partnership with EA Play. Personally, this might be the time I finally explore Outer Wilds. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, and after playing through Unpacking, I could go for more narrative-driven indie action.
Notable is that every game added is available on both Xbox consoles and PC. Over half are also available via cloud streaming.
It’s not all good news, though; a handful of games leave the service on January 15th. Make sure you finish them up before they go.
Let’s go over the entire list!
- Gorgoa (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Pedestrian (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Embr (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 6th
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC) – January 6th
- Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 6th
- Spelunky 2 (Console and PC) – January 13th
- The Anacrusis (Game Preview, will be available on day one of release) (Console and PC) – January 13th
DLC / Game Updates
- Minecraft New Year’s Celebration – Through January 17th
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks
- Apex Legends: RIG Helmet Weaponm Charm – January 5th
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis: January Member Monthly Bonus – January 5th
In addition, this is also your last chance to claim both the Back 4 Blood Battle-Hardened Bundle and Halo Infinite Pass Tense MA40 AR Bundle.
Leaving January 15th
- Desperados III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Ghost of a Tale (PC)
- Kingdom Hearts III (Console)
- Mount & Blade: Warband (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Pandemic (Console and PC)
- Yiik: A Postmodern RPG (PC)
PUBG: Battlegrounds is also leaving Xbox Game Pass on January 10th, but it’s becoming free-to-play on January 12th.
So there you go. What are you looking forward to picking up on Xbox Game Pass? Sound off in the comments below.