The campaign for Modern Warfare 2 was released in Early Access last week. Infinity Ward has already announced some multiplayer Modern Warfare 2 launch updates regarding balancing and bug fixes for the game.
These updates refer to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. Feedback was taken from the game’s Beta in preparation for the game’s official launch.
We got a chance to give the Modern Warfare 2 campaign and liked what it offered. In our review, we said the following:
“Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with the campaign as is. A good combination of different mission types and memorable moments makes replayability super high. The added length is great and makes the campaign seem like it was more planned out. It’s nice to see the effort put into Modern Warfare 2’s story instead of being an afterthought for selling the multiplayer.”
The Modern Warfare 2 launch updates are available as follows, per the Infinity Ward website:
- We have added diamond icons above the heads of enemies. This should make it easier for players to clearly identify opponents in the game.
- Additionally, we’ve continued to tweak lighting and contrast for improved enemy visibility.
- We’ve shortened the overall range of footstep audio which will allow enemy players to get closer to targets before they are able to detect footsteps. We have also continued to tweak teammate footstep audio, which will now be quieter following feedback from the Beta.
- The in-world activation sound effect volume range for the Dead Silence field upgrade has been drastically decreased.
- Following feedback from Beta, aiming down sights will now stay in third person POV for low-zoom optics. Only high-zoom optics (beginning with the ACOG and higher) and special optics such as Hybrids and Thermals will revert to first person POV. We believe this will enhance the third person experience while keeping the gameplay balanced. The feedback on this mode has been very positive, and we will continue to explore its use as a modifier.
- We have continued to tweak weapons across the game following both feedback from Beta players and game data. Players can expect more specifics on weapon tuning as we continue to support post-launch.
- We have been working hard on numerous updates to our UI that make accessing and customizing your loadout more seamless. We’ve made improvements to navigation of menus and will continue to optimize our UX.
- Slide, ledge hang, and dive have been further refined. We’ve also addressed some movement exploits following Beta.
- We have implemented some changes that aim to reduce lobby disbandment between matches. We look forward to testing this at a large scale and getting feedback.
The Modern Warfare 2 launch updates are only specific to the game’s multiplayer. News regarding Warzone 2.0, DMZ, Raids, and more are promised to be coming soon.
The newest Call of Duty game is almost here. Modern Warfare 2 and its multiplayer officially launches on October 28th, 2022. It is available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
For more Call of Duty, check out our list of all the Call of Duty games ranked from worst to best.