The Nintendo Switch has sold a whopping 107.65 million units worldwide. This outpaces the Wii’s 101.63 million units sold, and out laps the Wii U (13.56 million units sold). Despite the Switch’s success, it’s still behind the Game Boy and Nintendo DS in systems sold.
On the software front, 822.18 million Nintendo Switch games have been sold. While an incredibly impressive number, it’s still behind the Wii (921.85 million) and Nintendo DS (948.76 million).
As a surprise to no one, the best-selling Nintendo Switch game is Mario Kart 8. With 45.33 million units sold, it beats out Animal Crossing: New Horizons (38.64 million units sold). Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield round out the top five.
Nintendo notes that all sales figures are worldwide units life-to-date. They include both downloadable versions as well as games bundled alongside the hardware.
Two Q1 2022 releases also had their sales figures announced. Kirby and the Forgotten Land sold a total of 2.65 million copies. Pokémon Legends: Arceus sold 12.64 million copies. Sales figures for the recently released Nintendo Switch Sports are not available.
We included all of the available sales figures below.
Nintendo Switch Software Sales Figures
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 45.33 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 38.64 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 28.17 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 26.55 million
- Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield – 24.27 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.50 million
- Super Mario Party – 17.78 million
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl – 14.65 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.53 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 13.31 million
- Splatoon 2 – 13.30 million
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – 12.64 million (New)
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 11.43 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 9.43 million
- Mario Party Superstars – 6.88 million
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 4.22 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 3.91 million
- Metroid Dread – 2.90 million
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 2.65 million (New) with over 2.1m in 2 weeks
- New Pokémon Snap – 2.40 million
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 2.35 million
- Miitopia – 1.68 million
- Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain – 1.59 million
- WarioWare: Get It Together! – 1.27 million
- Game Builder Garage – 1.06 million