God of War (2018) will launch on PC tomorrow and Sony’s Playstation blog has released a bunch of information about the game, along with some gameplay tips that gamers will want to pay attention to before preparing to play.
Nine Realms Survival Guide
Just a quick note, there are some gameplay spoilers together if this is your first foray into the game. Keep in mind, the spoilers are more around mastering gameplay and not the actual storyline.
Atreus PC Gameplay Tips
Atreus has three different gear sets that can synergize with your playstyle. Make sure you’re equipping him to best support Kratos’ needs in combat. At their first tier, the sets have the following effects:
- Sharpshooter Garb: Lower the Talon Bow recharge time. Aimed shots fired at enemies in the air deal extra damage.
- Fighter Tunic: Boosts melee damage and exposes enemy weakness. Choked enemies will take increased damage.
- Runic Vestment: Increased recovery speed from enemy attacks and provides Healthstone assistance. When Kratos is injured, Atreus has a chance to find Healthstones.
Sony suggests making upgrades as quickly as possible. We’re all for maxing out our characters ASAP so that’s a no-brainer.
Sony recommends taking advantage of side quests
Sidequests in God Of War not only let you learn more about the game’s rich set of side characters and follow its telling of Norse mythology, it also earns players XP along with picking up new equipment and ability upgrades when completely Favors.
Earn xp with the labors of kratos
These tracked activities can provide big XP boosts as you interact with the God of War world and are important for leveling up.
There are four categories of labors:
- World: Engaging with the world by completing activities like closing Realm Tears and finding Hidden Chambers.
- Crafting: Crafting and upgrading your gear.
- Skill: Killing enemies in a specific way, like lighting them on fire or performing parries.
- Kill: Defeating a certain amount of an enemy type.
Bestiary combat tactics
Keep checking in on the Bestiary section to learn important gameplay tips. If you want to find the weaknesses of certain monsters, this is your go-to source.
Understand gear stats
If you’re not a total noob to gaming, you’re likely well aware of how important understanding gameplay stats are for pretty much every game. Sony offers a quick breakdown of the main stats in God Of War for PC.
- Strength: Increases the damage for all standard attacks.
- Runic: Increase both Runic Attack and Elemental Damage.
- Defense: Reduces all damage taken.
- Vitality: Increases maximum health and decreases the severity of hit reactions from enemy attacks.
- Luck: Increases Perk activation chance. Increases XP and Hacksilver gains.
- Cooldown: Reduces recharge time of Runic Attacks, Runic Summons, and Talismans.
Just remember, stats will change your gameplay so pick what works best for you and most importantly, have fun!