Rockstar Games published an update for what’s to come in Grand Theft Auto this morning. It includes confirmation that the next game in the franchise is currently under development.
I won’t waste any of your time and get right to it:
With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official details.Source: Rockstar Games
There it is. The next Grand Theft Auto game is under development. Progress is “well underway.” We’re going to hear more as soon as they are ready. That could be as soon as later today! It could also be as soon as Elder Scrolls VI releases in 2031.
As for what’s in store with Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar outlines what they have in store for players in 2022.
- Short Trips will soon be accessible directly from the Jobs menu. You will no longer have to complete The Contract’s story missions.
- Official versions from the Dr. Dre songs in The Contract will be available on streaming services later today.
- Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online will release for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on March 15th.
- A standalone version of GTA Online will release for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S at launch.
- Players will be able to skip the GTA V Story Mode prologue before entering GTA online when it releases on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- The new versions iwll also include the all-new Hao’s Special Works auto shop.
There you have it. A lot of changes are coming soon for Grand Theft Auto, and confirmation that the next entry in the franchise may be closer than we think. Are you excited?